today i have pretty good news for you!
Long time ago i started the project PSGUI, but i had not much time and power to create a stable version, because i had been working and training hard for Microsoft in the last months.
But – luckily i had again some time to get progress in this nice project and here is the next version!
- Download as Zip
- Unblock in NTFS Properties
- Link on Desktop [or] Link in folder [or] Powershell.exe – Start-PSGUIManager
- have fun – till now
But what was actually PSGUI about? Below a short summary – detailed instructions will follow.
The project PSGUI had the intention to empower everyone to easily create XAML-GUIs for Powershell.
The primary aims with this project had been:
- everyone can do it
- structured and separated code by logic
- easy to create and deploy dialogs
- easy to manage multiple dialogs
- free code to use for everyone
- examples for small and easy but also further on more complex solutions
- preconfigured examples for some use-cases
- as many internal functions to avoid manual work
- no dependencies to proprietary programs
It consists of two parts:
- Framework PSGUI
Functions to automatically load XAML files and do all the standard tasks.
- Manager PSGUIManager
An XAML-created GUI to create new GUIs easily with a low amount of effort.
Showing and demonstrating also examples.
Creating packages to be applied to different users/computers easily.
- easy Installer (install.bat – fire and go)
- Dynamic DialogFolders
- Complete Code Review
- getting rid of potential exceptions and IEX
- Stable async ShowWindow
- and much more
- Function Start-PSGUIManager
- Reviewed Function Open-XAMLDialog – can now open dialogs by name and/or Folderpath
- proper documentation
- Packages (Exporting Dialog with all necessary functions to be possible to use this dialogs on different computers)
- more Logic to DialogFolders
- more and cleaned up Examples
- and much more